Sunday, August 30, 2009

My 1st Blog!

Had a chance to go to the California State Fair, again! This year I was anxious to try fried poptarts, fried snickers, or whatever fried food that caught my eye. Fortunately, I had a wonderful tri tip sandwhich & corn on the cob. I was still on the search for something fried and saw fried frogs legs. Yuck! We walked around the fair and I found my favorite ice cream spot. I had an ice cream dipped with chocolate with almonds. It was so good and much needed after the temperatures reached 100 degrees. We continued to make our way through the fair and found the animal area. We had a chance to pet a sturgeon that was about 3 1/2 feet long. It was very soft. After that, I saw new piglets that were born yesterday feeding and then some new born calves that were trying to find their legs. The highlight of the day was talking with Connor, the farm guy, who was very informative about cows and such. I wonder if he knows how famous I am?

We made our way through the fair and rode 3 amusement park rides. The first one was a modified version of a roller coaster. The difference was that we were in a round orb that would spin as you descended down the tracks. It was fun, but jarring. The next 2 rides flipped and turned us to the point that I lost on the change in my pocket and I almost lost my lunch. It was fun!

All in all, it was a hot day at the Fair! Later, I found out that the "hot" food item was weanie in a zuchinni (hot dog in a zuchinni). Oh well, until next time!

1 comment:

  1. I heard you also got a great deal on sheets...? Do tell.

    ReplyDelete